Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Read On...

Well again, dear reader, it seems I must apologize for a long absence and tell you again how much I've missed you. However, this no longer seems to be an exception but rather, the rule (the modus operandi, if you will- and I know you will) of this, dare I say it? My blog.

We live in changing and turbulent times. While billionaire bankers continue receiving multimillion dollar bonuses, unemployment soars and oil has now effectively decimated the Gulf Coast affecting economies and wildlife for years to come.

But you know what is really crazy?

Redbox.

"Ooh, Babe, should tonight be the Lightning Thief or the Tooth Fairy?"

"Oh, I don't know, what about that new romantic dramedy with Ashton Kutcher?"

I found myself on the edge of my seat as this poor couple navigated their way through a series of harrowing interchanges such as these.
I was riveted as they pressed forward on the selector button to look through the new releases, and then back again when they couldn't decide. Dear Lord, New Moon or Hot Tub Time Machine? On his best day, I wouldn't ask my own father to make that decision!

Luckily, they made it out in one piece, and I now have memorized the entire trailer for "The Bounty Hunter" starring Gerard Butler and Jennifer Aniston. So you see, everyone got out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment